Friday, November 25, 2005

I want to ride them all...

Ever since I saw Terminator T-800 Arnie ride one of those cool Harley Bike I fell in love with the bike. The bike in the movie Fatboy 91 model was my first view of what a cruiser bike was and sound of its beat was a music to any of the American bikers.
Best scene from the movie:
The tune "Bad to the Bone," the camera pans up showing Arnie fully dressed in the bruised biker's leather clothes. As he swings his leg over the biker's wheels, another biker appears at the diner's door with a shotgun, threatening that he can't take the man's bike. The cyborg turns and coldly stops, sets the bike's kickstand, and walks over to the guy. He quickly yanks the 10-gauge shotgun from the man, closes in, and then snatches the man's sunglasses from his shirt pocket. He puts them on and then takes off on the Harley.


http://groups.msn.com/ToddsHarleyPix/harleysincinemaparti.msnw

Nearly 13 years later I some how got closer to Indian Version of Harley the Royal Enfield Mini Bullet a 350cc bike, bulky and sturdy and yes lots of nice with classic vintage moulding and looks. It's gears and the brakes are interchanged making it that much difficult to control the Indian monster.

I had the privilege of using this bike for over 2 months during my summer vacation in 2005. After riding the bike and coming back to my stream lined Victor was a big drop. I suddenly felt my bike very light, free hands, almost silent, and I could easily maneuver through the gaps in-between. I miss the bike.

Anways during my MBA time I have been a lot many bike reports and cases. We did Splendor for Marketing Management, Marketing Research and Brand management, ad we did Yamaha a case and bike buying behaviour in Consumer Behaviour which ultimately sparked off an interest and dream to drive a higher cc sports bike apart from a Harley(V Twins or V Rods) or an Indian chief or a Big Dog. I wanna drive A sports-street bike in excess of 600cc preferably a Ducati, Kawasaki, BMW or a Honda.

Say a 600cc Honda CBR600RR or Yamaha R6, Suzuki GSX-R600, Ducati 749, and the Kawasaki ZX-6R. All of these babies cost in excess of 10000 USD, and will equally pick my pocket for every jolly ride. About the punch of these bikes there was a time not long ago when the middleweight sportbike class was a good place for newbies to cut their teeth. But for 2003, with 1/2km times that would embarrass any supercar one can care to mention, top speeds that reach upward of 160 miles per, and racetrack lap times that would scare a full-blown superbike from barely more than a decade ago, the [sportbikes] gathered here have limits that only the experienced can exploit.

I would love to lay my hands on any 1000cc 6 cylinders 5000+rpm bikes. I wanna hear the roar, feel the power and that bit of instant acceleration compared to a space shuttle take-off. Though I have to cautious enough not to throw myself off due to the high rpm spin. Yet I can't wait for that day ...Lets pray...wait...nd vroommmmm


View My Stats

web site stat