Friday, May 22, 2009

Big Mac has never been this awful

Today I messed up to drop in at Big Mac. A couple of colleagues from office ventured out of the office beating the sun to have some delicious meal at Tammanna (not the heroine!) restaurant; Thanks to Friday frenzy we found ourself queing up at the guest bench. Guess the hunger had no control which had us drove away a kilometer towards the McDonald in Hinjewadi.
It was as any other eat-out filled upto the brim. 10 minutes into the waiting I got to place my order; Yes full 8-10 minutes of waiting. And what more the guy at the counter doesn't accept credit cards (ahem!!!) I want to offload some amount in the Visa Food card. I found it quite amazing for the fact that a US Multi-National refuses to use credit cards; what a shame for a country which lives on plastic and credit doesn't do the same in its Indian arm. I wondered I should have preferred a Domino's or Smoking Joe's they atleast accept cards.
The food menu is very much Indianised; and only thing American seems to be the Happy Meal though the menus are again customised to meet Indian tastes.
A medium cool drink costs 27/- !!!! Way too high to a retail shelf price. I bought Paneer Wrap with Sandwich Salad. The first one is more of paneer tikka wrapped in a dosa with some sauses and vegetables; while the Sandwich salad was more vegetables sandwiched in a burger bun. Nothing special on these two; but I found the taste quite unlike to my liking and had a gut feel that I was ingesting something which was totally unhealthy and junk. This bothered me even furthering my displeasure towards the taste as I continued to nibble. Once out of the McD I've decided a never to have a things at McD few pointers...
Credit cards not accepted...
Waiting during peak hours...
Unhealthy Junk food culture...
Its nothing American it's more Indian...
Why the hell should I feed an American MNC when I have good Indian options...
Anyways few things I didn't consider were about the Quality of Service, Standardisation, Ambience, Brand, Youth/Yippee factors.
Disclaimers - I have been to McD not more than 4 times earlier. Once in Delhi, thrice in Hyderabad.

No comments:


View My Stats

web site stat