Friday, January 06, 2012

Roundup 2011

The year 2011 has been one of the most happening on a personal front. This year I was successful in breaking a few hangover issues and few jinxes.
I was being plagued if not seriously addicted to a online strategy game called Travian for close to two years. This severely impacted my social, professional, personal and negligence towards health. Towards the mid of the year when the last of the game servers was upgraded I refused to upgrade and relearn the game. Atleast this prevented me from getting back to the addiction. After done away with this most of the stagnation in life seems to be a passé on multiple fronts

Biggest movers
  • Quitting from my Vertical practice and moving out to a different vertical at work
  • Let go off the Travian game’s addition
  • Move from east coast to the mid-west
  • Discovering that my BP levels are on a high
Biggest Learnings
  • Do something for yourself and keep engaged to improve self
  • Keep pushing and pursuing a series of set targets
  • Divinity and spirituality is never to be ignored
  • Keep faith and keep working on. Learn from experiences and not to let loose
Best for the year

Top Albums/Songs
1. Jaane Tu Jaane Naa - Kabhi Kabhi Aditi
2. Bachana Ae Haseno - Khuda Jaane Kyu

Fav Movies
Harry Potter (1-8) Series


Fav Quotes -
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II'

Harry Potter: We have to go there, now.
Hermione Granger: What? We cant do that! We've got to plan! We've got to figure out -Harry: Hermione! When have any of our plans ever worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!
Fav Holiday/Travel
- Washington DC
Fav Food
- Pizzaa
Fav Shopping Spot
- Premium Outlet, Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
Fav TV Channel
- The Food Network
- NTV

Fav TV Shows
- Ancient Aliens (History)
- Chopped (Food)
- Restaurant Impossible (Food)
- Evadi gola Vadidi (TV9 / TV1)
- Na Varthalu Na Estam (NTV)

Closely followed issues
- Casey Anthony Trial
- Sakala Janula Samey in Telangana region

Chronological Milestones
January - Uncertainty
I had been waiting for some time to settle and stabilize myself in the USA. What I was looking was some bit of support and a long term assignment. My assignment in Delaware started to look questionable with potential delay / postponement of the project due to factors not in my control. By the end of the month it was inevitable and orders for my release where issued. Issues and competition between the client and our company coupled with delays in the current solution shifted focus and put my role in a fix.
Time flew at home with stagnant work and snow on the streets alike. I wanted to move out of my company and start looking for more stable opportunities, floated my CV and was trying to secure a moment.
February / March / April – Uncertainty Intensifies
Come mid of February, I bid good bye to the account team as I started searching for new avenues within and outside my company. Things didn’t seem to move much. I was also planning to purchase a car at this time as it was already becoming difficult depending on others. But the next assignments or lack of it put me in a fix.
As expected the issues at work during initial days of settling has become a reality in 2011. My ratings got hit and was not able to secure a promotion nor any salary hike.
The lack of future or direction seems to pinching me a lot by now. I tried spending most of the time at home (since Jan) photographing squirrels, doves, and rabbits through my apartment window to pass time. I challenged myself to get a few shots of jumping squirrels which I of course failed. I did buy a DSLR camera of
May
The momentums of things were not encouraging at professional front. I have not been billed to a client till now and with the apprehension and un-certainty I was more bent upon to return back to India and probably return back if there is a correct fitment of profile for me.
Also by this time my brother’s marriage was soon approaching and my wish to return back to be part of this last main family occasion added to me preference to return back. I was totally dissatisfied by the interest taken by my practice to send me back home. The see-sawed back and forth quite frequently on this adding to my woos. Most of the things have been packed and ready to be moved by never knew where the move is going to be.
In the mean while one of the long standing interview calls converted and the new team expressed to take me in to their new practice. Having just a couple of weeks to report I decided to make the best of these few days. While one of my closest buddies came down with his family we went on a trip to Washington D.C and Maryland. I personally liked the D.C trip the most. Though a short one it was well worth a look because of historical importance.
June/July/August
These are the times for settling down in the new place and new environment. Summer is here and I suppose this is the best season to be in this part of the world. I purchased a car (2002 Elantra) now that I knew I was going to be here for sometime and also the geography of the place with limited public transport ensured that I move in quickly for the purchase. Within the first couple of weeks it was a car and a new rental apartment to set in. Then soon enough the work, knowledge of the domain and building the relationship with the clients followed in.
All more excitement of working in a full fledge program with me being a focal point of all action was tremendous. But as days progressed the jinxes of previous project seemed to have followed me into this year as well. The eminent delays in projects ensured my waiting in the docks longer. While I started doing certain related activities nothing truly moved from a true true project sense.
While personally my wifey was back in India to appear for her final Master’s examination and also fill in the place for my brothers wedding. While I ate and spent time discovering the new village I moved into. The activities and happening life ensured that all of my weekends where busy.
While this move also ensured that I now formally stopped playing Travian, I quickly reconnected with trying to improve my health and bring down my BP levels. I initially started with Manthena’s tips and natural raw food. Then got into a bit of evening jogging and yoga. I was also actively getting into sports activities being organized by my company. Towards the mid of August I moved into Turbofire workouts and I never looked back. As of this year workouts are my new addiction. I workout close to 5 hours a week now, and its supported by modified diet and lifestyle. Much of the laziness, dizziness and fatigue slowly started to wane out but the process of self-improvement has truly started.
September/October/November
My gals back home from India and we continued to put back the lives together in the new place. Roaming a bit, shopping a bit while work moved at snails pace with lack of synergies at the clients organization. But working on few small things ensured that I was occupied and grew in my experience.
Also in October was when I joined Facebook. Yes finally am on facebook. I can recall my early social networking journey starting on Hi-5(2004), Orkut(2005), Linkedin(2006), Geni(2008) and now Facebook(2011).
My fitness journey did keep growing in knowledge and application with new gizmos and trackers being added on a continual basis. I feel am well educated enough to understand a few things to which I had no visibility to.
This period also meant it was the shopping season for me. Though not worth a mention the prices this thanksgiving seemed to be comparatively on a higher end than the last year.
December
This is the official holiday season in the US. That being said we have more than 4 official holidays in this month alone and possibly the least working hours. My assignments are seriously restricted or tapered as of this month. Being end of the year things have slowed down to gather steam in the new year.
At the end of the year we went on a drive to Chicago and returned back by the night. The chill and lack of parking space didn’t help me in any way. Probably the next time I plan I need to plan carefully and be choosy. End of year gift for my gal is a new Sony Vaio laptop which dark pink/magenta coloured one.

Am looking forward towards chopping if not dissolving my financial liabilities in the new-year. I think Rupee depreciating in value and rising interest rates back home should help me reach this goal. All together I am looking forward for a healthy, happening, and happening year and also be blessed with kids and promotions at work which are in my opinion long over due.

No comments:


View My Stats

web site stat