Friday, April 10, 2009

Vodafone GPRS Settings for PDA Mobiles

I recently got a PDA formself; Strangely enough while GPRS was working from my normal mobile I had issues with configuring the same on GPRS. I got an Vodafone activation done one time through the SMS and then called up Vodafone care 111. But to my surprise they said that PDA are not supported with Vodafone Live and I need to go for a 499/- Internet package. Baffled I gave up the idea, though I used to connect through my internet enabled laptop to connect to the internet.
While researching I found this on some forums which might help people like me to enable and configure your GPRS feature on your Vodafone connection. don't get fooled by the ready to help Customer support which never will provide support on this.
Use this simple settings and voilla there you are....
Account Name: Vodafone_gprs
Homepage: http://live.vodafone.in/
User Name: (no need)
Pass: (no need)
Access Point Settings:
Proxy: Enabled
Proxy Address: 10.10.1.100 Proxy Port: 9401
Its that simple...
So all of you HTC, ASUS, Palm and HP PDA mobile users hope this helps.

Note: The Proxy settings would prevent Internet connection through the PC (ActiveSync). So while connecting through ActiveSync uncheck the proxy and check it back if connecting back to WAP/GPRS.

No comments:


View My Stats

web site stat