Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sleep sleep little baby...

It's 3.45am, and am awake and writing this blog, for past 2 1/2 hours I was fighting hard, real hard to sleep, but my mind has thoughts of its own, some unfinished business which haunts it. While the body wants to rest in peace, by mind doesn't and while my bed mouns for a noiseless, moment-less transistion to dream world fast.
I tried hard to get out of my thoughts going through my daily ritual after returning back from office by watching TV before dosing off, this didn't seem to be working. All kinds of thoughts lingering in my brain tinkering my grey cells a lot. Well seems like there will be no peace of mind and rest for it. Thoughts on my next career move are the ones thats been bugging me a lot for most of the time.
These thoughts have been triggered by plans for my next move of a change of location and company. They should do me some good in terms of putting back things on a back-burner and start rebuilding and making up for the lost ground. For now I am on a new client assignment, which happens to be among the top 5 investment banking organisations, this is the kind of role which I was looking forward for sometime. But 2 years seems to be a long wait in the company like Genpact where pays are low and investing 2 more years to master the IBanking processes is seems to be some kind of a gamble. If it clicks it will pay off rich dividends in terms of expereince, exposure and next move would well orchestrated financially. Tactically looking though, what I would have to consider as an opportunity would be loss of x% jump in salary that I would stand to loose by going to taking up my Mumbai offer, though which is high paying for my experience, but I would be getting functionally getting stuck in an oblivion of a BPO sector Quality Function without domain expertise. I at this moment couldn't capitalise on Domain expertise knowledge base of Insurance for long and media Domain where I worked last was probably is taking me no where. Being functionally sound and able seems to have got a disadvantage in itself on a long term, though tactically functional application plays a big role.
Apart from this a few on-site opportunities in consuting appears a few days away from negotiations and if that where to click its sure shot work abroad situation, and at present juncture am a bit apprehensive of that situation of adapting to lots of new things and that too without much domain knowledge, consulting wholy from a functional standpoint still is very tricky.
Heads filled with lots of thoughts with a few options in hand

Big QUESTIONS
1. Should I chase money - For I wanna own a car of my own now and clear off few of my credits
2. Should I chase the domain - Ibanking is something which I fancied for a while, and wanted to build my expertise on these product lines
3. Should I chase Location -
a. Mumbai - Was on high priority for sometime, now with thoughts and lots of consultations that seems to be out. And for the Raj Thakery phenomenon, Mumbai appeard scary.
b. Abroad - Looks like heading abroad for location change seems good, but I still have no clue on working abroad and the kind of support I need from profesional circles for such assignments.

For now Iam so much inclined to complete my Ibank assignment and ask my MBB for re-allignment from Finance to Ibanking Services, for I am enjoying my contribution and if everything falls in place I could work out my certifcations and also build domain expertise. I really pray I get a hike of 15% for this shift. Want to take this bold step for my parents especially my Mom will be very unhappy, secondly I need to take back my resignation and do some bit of talking without actually knowing what is to happen in terms of bonuses and re-negotiations for my faith in the HR machinery is on all time low with the kind of treatment and sensitivity shown by AVP-HR.
I sincerely hope everything goes well, really well and may success know my door-steps more often from now-on. 4.30am now time to catch-up a little sleep, for been blogging a lot during the last 48 hours, eyes already have given up on me, migraine building up. Pleassssssse Goddddd answer my prayers soon and show me the waaaaayyyy!!!!! I am forgetting the meaning of patience and want to see some action, the very action I've been deprived off since October and professional one since December. Pllllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeee.

No comments:


View My Stats

web site stat