Thursday, September 09, 2010

Experiments with driving

Well today is practically day 4 for me when it comes to driving on the US roads, yes after a little over 2 months of staying on driving on the American roads.
My first car to drive was a Nissan Altima a 3.5lt engine automatic, black beast.
The current car is the new sporty 2009 Hyundai Elantra automatic, carbon black car. Its sportier and compact than the Altima, but its such a smooth operator.
Interiors are great, i can directly get to play an ipod on the music system without much hassles. Over the labor day weekend I drove over 120 miles in all. Cruising at over 65 miles (110kmph) is such a passe and one doesn't even realise that they have travelled that much. An enriching experience.
Yaa there was scary lining too..today on Day 4, I got my new 2009 maps GPS, its a sleek and new GPS navigation system with 5" LCD display and features like USB charge and Bluetooth support capabilities. Well I was so mad and excited at getting it, that I couldn't wait to test it out. Went out driving and found the navigation and maps awesome, the voice was a bit too much to my comfort, loved it so much that instead of concentrating on the road I started driving through the GPS. Then it so happens that I make a blind turn, not seeing further up of the incoming traffic. Had a real close shave, with the other driver whom I cut across coming to an abrupt sudden halt in the middle of the intersection and honking, yelling at me big time. Yaa such lapses of concentration are not a pretty thing and could prove a costly mistake.
So much for my state of art gizmo I put it aside at home promptly and came back without it :)
Now who says technology doesn't kill

2 comments:

Study Abroad said...

Thanks, for the nice blog. Its really helpful

Study Abroad said...

I remember i first drive in those superfast lanes when i came first time to usa, People are more afraid then excited. The fear of fast driving while excitement of first time driving :)


View My Stats

web site stat