Monday, March 02, 2009

Weekend Trip to Home

The last time after I was in Hyderabad was for my Sankranti vacations. It was till date the longest vacation I have ever taken in my professional life; a good 9 days there with 4 days off. Considering that I have taken just 2 days off for my marriage and 1 day for my honeymoon; this was a long trip.
Post such a long trip; my next trip to Hyderabad was on 1st of March that's a good 42 days after my last visit. I find this it amazing for the fact that its the longest gap between two consecutive visits of mine. Yes during my stay at Kozhikode the gap was much longer, but those days were much different. I found a few things changed during this gap. Earlier my gaps were as short as 5 days; with almost 3 trips a month, that meant I hardly used to spend a weekend in Pune. Offlate after marriage I got to spend time money, and effort going in and around Pune. One as gets to accustomed to the localities I feel one gets connected, that connection temporarily overshadows the core identity. This is what seemed to have happened when I tried to reconnect back to my family and the city.
I was hardly getting the slang and salutations which I was so much used to earlier. Every now and then there was a slip of tongue; though I was very much aware; with my flow the occurrences where irreversible and in correctable. Got to thank my lucky stars that no one took note of those changes. I vividly remember when I first returned home after my 4 months stay in Kozhikode, Kerala that my mom had serious complains on my language. And she said that my Telugu started to sound very non-Teluguish and I was starting to speak Telugu as a language I recently learned. Yes may-be I never realised it nor I intentionally did it; but while one tries to put an attempt to adopt a certain slang of another language for greater acceptance once native slang also gets impacted to little extent. So in addition to expanding adaptive technique of mutual acceptability one more propounding thing was the influence of my gal. Now after six months of marriage, things change; and believe me they change a lot. I don't think any one would be in a position to guess how I call my gal (no am not giving any prizes/ nor am letting it out); that very way of addressing her got pushed when I got to meet my children (cousin's). No matter how hard I tried it kept slipping out of my mind. It was only after 36 hours that things were stable; but that was only after a long and dedicated monitoring of my tongue.
Anyways it was a great weekend to unwind and have fun. Cousin's Kids Annaprasana ceremony was time to catchup with all of my cousins too. And yeah I forgot felt good to see my parents and high my regular fights with my mom too.

No comments:


View My Stats

web site stat